The Bethany Village Model Railroad Club began in 2004 when a prospective resident mentioned that he would love to be able to bring his extensive O scale train set to his new home. The community swung into action and found a storage space that could be converted into a Train Display room.
Our train displays have grown over time, bringing joy to our community’s residents, visitors, and family members – of all ages!
Today, the Bethany Village Model Railroad Club is an active group of rail enthusiasts and others who come together to pursue their interests in model railroading, construction, hospitality, artistry, and other skills. With six running platforms, there’s plenty of fun to go around.
Whether you like running trains, building layouts, maintaining and repairing trains or layouts, painting backdrops or just meeting new people who share a love of model trains, we welcome you.
Club Details and Contact Information
The Bethany Village Model Railroad Club welcomes all residents as well as non-residents who live in the Mechanicsburg, Pa., area.
- Meetings: first Thursday each month
- Contact: Tony Wright at (717) 307-1718 or Lowell Starling at (717) 712-6773 for information on meeting location and time.
- Visit our website for more information.
About Our Model Trains
- O Scale Train: featuring four mainline tracks on two levels. Location: Bethany Village West, storage room by apartment 2144
- HO Scale Train: featuring four main lines, and train yard, and several residential areas on one level. Location: Bethany Village West, storage room by apartment 3144
- G Scale Garden Train: featuring two main lines, a reversing trolley line, trolley barn, and remote wireless control, this outdoor train operates mid-May through September, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Location: Martha’s Garden across adjacent to The Oaks Skilled Nursing
- N Scale Train: enclosed in a resident-made wooden cabinet, this train can be operated by push button for a two-minute run. Location: Bethany Village East breezeway
- Christmas Train: this seasonal, O Scale display was established is operated by push button. It features Christmas music, multiple ponds with animated features, and a Christmas village. Location: Bethany Village West Community Center near clock tower
- Oaks Skilled Nursing Train: This resident facing train layout is HO scale and features two trains running on separate tracks on the bottom level and a pastoral farm and recreation area, including swimming pond and scout camp, on the top level. Residents and visitors can activate the train using a push button and enjoy the operation for 3 minutes.
- Charlie McNutt Station: stores 40-plus G gauge train cars or locomotives and has a work and repair area. Named in honor of the club’s founder, Charlie McNutt. Location: The Oaks Skilled Nursing porch