U.S. News ‘Best’ Senior Rehabilitation in Montgomery County, MD
Our results tell the story. Whether you are recovering from surgery, illness or an injury, our senior rehabilitation services in Gaithersburg can help you keep your recovery moving forward. If you spend time with Wilson Health Transitional Care following a hospitalization, our senior care therapy will get you home and living the life you want. We also offer outpatient therapy services for Asbury residents.
Asbury Inpatient Senior Rehabilitation Center
Wilson Health Care Center is a U.S. News & World Report 2024 Best Nursing Home for Short-Term Rehabilitation and holds 5 stars from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
The Wilson Health Care Center’s in-patient senior rehabilitative services in Gaithersburg, MD, offer physical, respiratory, occupational, and speech therapy programs that provide a healing environment to regain your strength and recover. Our person-centered approach to senior rehabilitation ensures your treatment plan is a collaborative process that meets your unique needs and preferences.
Our therapists hold the following certifications: CDP (Certified Dementia Practitioner); LVST (Lee Silverman Voice Treatments); MoCA (cognitive screening test designed to assist in the detection of mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease).
Wilson offers the following inpatient senior rehabilitation services:
- LSVT BIG therapy: created for those with Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions to address walking, balance and other activities of daily living
- LSVT LOUD therapy: speech therapy for those with Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions
- Physical therapy for seniors: Work to rebuild your strength and balance
- Occupational therapy: Regain independence by improving your ability to manage everyday tasks
- Respiratory therapy: Designed to help manage chronic and acute breathing issues
- Specialized stroke program: Experienced, multi-disciplinary team with holistic focus
- Speech/language therapy: Improve speech and swallowing abilities
Support From Senior Rehabilitation Experts
From knee replacements to recovering from stroke, emergency surgery or an illness, finding the right arrangements for your follow-up care can be a challenge. When you choose Wilson at Asbury Methodist Village, we strive to exceed expectations so you and your family can focus on your recovery. We even have the ability to visit you in the hospital to help make arrangements.
Rehabilitation isn’t just about your therapy sessions. We know that a big part of recovery is maintaining your emotional, social and mental wellness. Your private suite provides a relaxed and comfortable environment for recovery while our dedicated Therapeutic Recreation team offers creative and engaging activities throughout your stay. Anticipate more from senior rehabilitative services starting today.
Outpatient Therapy Services for Asbury Residents
Residents of Asbury Methodist Village can receive quality, convenient outpatient therapy services located in the Administration Building on campus.
- Physical therapy for mobility problems
- Occupational therapy for shoulder, elbow, hand, and self care deficits
- Speech therapy for voice quality, memory problems, and swallowing disorders
- LSVT Big and Loud therapy
- Therapy for Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions
- Balance and gait therapy for fall risk reduction
- Pre- and post-surgical care
- Treatment for arthritis, tendonitis, and other conditions involving acute or chronic joint pain
- Treatment for sports-related and repetitive strain injuries
- Customized splinting