Asbury Clinical Education Program Supports Excellence
Communities that partner with Asbury gain the advantage of an outstanding Clinical Education Program with decades of health care services administration and nursing experience spanning a wide spectrum of settings and roles. They collaborate with nursing teams to achieve high quality, innovative programming, and the utilization of technology and clinical data to achieve strong outcomes. Meet the team.
Henry Moehring, Senior Vice President of Health Care Services & Operations
- Henry served as the Associate and Executive Director of Asbury Methodist Village for 10 years before leaving Asbury to serve as the CEO of the Alpha-1 Foundation. He has more than 30 years of health care administration experience and helped guide Asbury Methodist Village’s 257-suiteWilson Health Care Center to a 5-star CMS rating during his time there. He is noted for building collaborative relationships and a proactive leadership style. In this role, Henry provides strategic and operational support for the skilled nursing centers in Asbury’s system.
Skip Margot, Vice President of Clinical Excellence
- Skip Margot served as the Executive Director of Asbury Home Health in Gaithersburg, Md., prior to beginning his new role. Past positions include Chief Nursing Officer for Holy Cross Hospital in Germantown and Vice President of Patient Care for Shady Grove Hospital. As VP of Clinical Excellence, Skip will support the clinical teams at Asbury’s continuing care retirement communities. During his tenure with Asbury Home Health, Skip led his team to achieve a 4.5 star rating with the CMS, accreditation with The Joint Commission, and the state’s lowest readmission rate for home health agencies.
Martha Gurzick, RN, Director of Clinical Education
- Martha brings more than 16 years of healthcare experience to Asbury, and has demonstrated success in developing, delivering, and assessing nurse education and clinical competencies. In her career she has shown the ability to ensure staff compliance on a number of critical fronts, including quality initiatives and evidence-based practices. Martha is also well-versed in instructional strategies to educate staff based on proven principles. Most recently, Martha served as a Clinical Nursing Specialist at Frederick (Md.) Memorial Hospital – Pediatrics, integrating clinical inquiry in the improvement of practices. Martha has also served as an adjunct faculty member at Hood College for the past 2 years. Martha has also held clinical nursing roles at Shady Grove (Md.) Adventist Hospital, INOVA Fairfax (Va.) Hospital and Montgomery (Md.) General Hospital.
Joan McCabe, RN, Director of Quality Assurance
- In 2013, Joan joined Asbury as Director of Quality Assurance where she oversees the clinical quality assurance and quality improvement processes at each community; collaborates with clinical care teams to analyze and trend quality measures and other quality data in order to identify potential deficient practices and implement action plans; and assists with the development and implementation of training and education programs.Prior to that, Joan worked as the Assistant Director of Nursing and Staff Development Coordinator at Bethany Village, serving 69 residents in long-term nursing, post-acute services, and memory support. She has worked in the for-profit health sector and in health consulting.
Denise Scott, RN, Director of Clinical Analytics and Processes
- In 2015, Denise joined Asbury in her current role where she leads the design and implementation of clinical processes and practices with a focus on clinical information in conjunction with the clinical leadership teams at the communities and the ASCC Clinical Team; assists clinical leadership with data collection, analysis and implementation of best practices and action plans to improve clinical outcomes; supports clinical staff in using EMR as a tool for efficiencies, data collection and analysis; and provides onsite go-live support and training recommendations to ensure proficiency and data integrity.Denise joined Asbury’s IT consulting company in 2008 to help lead the implementation of EMRs at Asbury’s continuing care retirement communities as well as initiatives in EMR optimization and quality reporting. Denise has 28 years of professional nursing experience, 10 of those in informatics-related roles, including in the acute care setting, ICU, trauma step down, PACU, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, med/surg, home care, and home infusion therapy.