Asbury’s COVID-19 Prevention and Response Measures
Our highest priority and concern is ensuring the safety and well-being of those who live and work at our communities. We continue to aggressively work to minimize the risks of the COVID-19 virus. Our response is being led by the highly qualified and experienced Asbury Communities Clinical Team. (Meet the team here.) Our communities’ leadership teams are in regular communication with the Asbury Clinical Team to discuss and adjust operational procedures accordingly. Asbury will continue to ensure that screening processes and infection prevention and control protocols, algorithms, and technology are implemented based on the most reliable evidence available. Please see our Safety Measures below.
Asbury continues to focus on testing associates and residents as a key element of our prevention and containment strategy. To date, Asbury has conducted just over 86,200 COVID-19 tests at our communities with a positivity rate of just 0.9 percent. This compares to a national positivity rate of 8.5 percent.
Ongoing Infection-Control Measures:
- Active screening of associates, residents, and essential visitors using the updated CDC guidelines
- Monoclonal antibody therapy available on all Asbury campuses
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment by associates across our communities
- Hand hygiene reinforced daily for all associates
- Use of appropriate cleaning and disinfecting supplies that provide the shortest kill time for viruses such as COVID-19and heightened cleaning of high-touch, high-traffic areas
- Physical distancing and masking in public areas
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout campus buildings
- Protective measures regularly communicated to associates, residents, and family members
- Solaris UV technology for room cleaning as appropriate. Its pulsating UV light eliminates 99.6% of all pathogens when cleaning rooms, including COVID-19.
- Quarantine measures practiced as appropriate, with designated areas for residents who are impacted
- Regular communication with state and local health departments on the evolving pandemic
- Daily monitoring of local area COVID-19 activity, and federal, state, and local government communications
Early and Ongoing Preventive Measures:
- Phased re-openings across all levels of living are in process in line with evolving guidelines.
- Daily screening procedures are in place for associates and the limited visitors coming to our campuses. This includes employees, such as home care aides, who may be coming from outside agencies. Additional screening procedures at the time of admission or move-in (for residents) or upon hire (for associates) are in place.
- We continue to reinforce the importance of COVID-19 precautions with residents and associates.
- All Asbury communities are complying with CDC guidelines on personal protective equipment, including the use of appropriate masks, for clinical staff. In addition, cloth masks have been made available to all non-clinical associates on our campuses, and they have been directed to wear them while at work.
- If residents receive services from private duty or agency-based caregivers who are not on our preferred list of providers, they were asked to check with their management to ensure that they are following the latest infection-control guidelines.
- Dining rooms at our communities are in various levels of phased re-openings in line with state and local guidelines. As appropriate, residents in assisted living or personal care and skilled nursing are receiving meals in their rooms with assistance as needed, and residential living residents have the option to order meals for delivery to their residences.
- We have posted signage regarding prevention techniques, our visitation and group event changes, and actions to take if you feel ill around all of our communities – and we continue to communicate to those who live in our residential neighborhoods the importance of maintaining state stay-at-home measures.
- We have added supplemental education and resources for all associates.