Asbury Methodist Village Community Information
A Message from Asbury Methodist Village Executive Director Michele Potter
Asbury Methodist Village is proud to be part of Asbury Communities, an aging services provider with a 90-plus year legacy of redefining the expectations of aging. Providing a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our communities is our highest priority.
We strive to provide transparent, accurate information on our infection prevention efforts, our response as it evolves with the latest clinical and public health guidelines, and the status of respiratory illnesses in our system of approximately 4,300 residents and 2,800 associates.
We are continuously monitoring and abiding by the recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Those entering the community will be responsible for self-screening according to the guide below (which is posted at all entrances). It is the visitor’s responsibility to determine if they meet the criteria to enter, and to notify the proper individual if they do not.
- Visitors should not enter the community if they:
- Have had a positive viral test for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Have had any signs or symptoms of illness in the past 48 hours, to include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Have had a close contact exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days. A close contact exposure is defined to mean that you were within 6 feet for 15+ minutes with someone during a 24-hour period that has COVID-19.
- If you do not meet the criteria to enter, please consider rescheduling your visit to another time when you can meet the criteria to enter. If your visit is urgent, please contact us, as we may be able to assist you in connecting with your loved one safely.
- Visitors should not enter the community if they:
Community Services & Amenities
All Residential Living Dining Rooms and the Blue Note Bistro are open at 75% capacity; takeout and delivery options continue.
- Crawford ordering for Edwards Fisher, Mund, Trott, Courtyard Homes & Villas Residents:
- Call x4711 to place your order by 3 p.m. Please leave a message with your name and phone number if you receive our voicemail. Your phone call will be returned. (Sunday orders must be placed by 11 a.m.)
- For residents of Edwards-Fisher, Mund, and Trott, you may also fill out the order forms located in the basket at the elevator on each floor. Place the completed order form in the basket marked “completed orders” by 3 pm. Residents of Courtyard Homes & Villas must place orders by phone.
- The full Crawford Dining Room menu will be offered.
- Hefner ordering for Diamond and Wallace Residents:
- Call x4713 by 11 a.m. for lunch orders and by 3 p.m. for dinner orders. Please leave a message with your name and phone number if you receive our voicemail. Your phone call will be returned. (Sunday orders must be placed by 11 a.m.)
- Residents may also fill out the order forms located in the basket at the elevator on each floor. Place the completed order form in the basket marked “completed orders” by 11 a.m. for lunch and Sunday orders, and 3 p.m. for dinner orders.
- The full Hefner Dining Room menu will be offered.
- Blue Note ordering for Diamond and Wallace Residents:
- Call x5010 by 11 a.m. for lunch orders and by 3 p.m. for dinner orders. Please leave a message with your name and phone number if you receive our voicemail. Your phone call will be returned.
- The full Blue Note Menu will be offered. (alcohol excepted)
- Park View ordering:
- Call x4735 by 3 p.m. to place your dinner order. Please leave a message with your name and phone number if you receive our voicemail. Your phone call will be returned.
- Residents may also fill out the order forms located in the basket at the elevator on each floor. Place the completed order form in the basket marked “completed orders” by 3 p.m.
- The full Park View Dining Room menu will be offered.
- Park View residents may order Saturday dinner and Sunday noon meal by ordering from the Crawford Dining Room (see instructions above).
- The Rosborough Shoppe
- Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for up to 5 residents at a time.
The Wellness Center and Pool are open by reservation and the Fitness Center is being used to hold small circuit-style classes. In-person fitness classes are being held for up to 25 people, Mondays through Fridays, in Rosborough Community Rooms, Parker Hall, Hefner Auditorium and the gym (check wellness calendar and campus newsletter for details). The campus grounds and the exercise stations around the pond are open. Many fitness classes, programs, clubs, and events are also available via our AVTV television station. For questions about scheduling and information, call Belinda Degboe at 301-987-6444, [email protected].
Our smaller gyms in the apartment buildings are open and Wellness team members will assist residents upon request. To use these satellite gyms, residents need to be screened by their concierge and have temperature checks. It is very important to sign the attendance sheet in the gym to help the Wellness team track usage. All equipment MUST be wiped down by the resident after use. Detailed instructions will be posted at each location with contacts for assistance.
Asbury Television Studio (AVTV) and Programs
Residential Common Areas and Amenities
Shopping Shuttle available. By reservation only – sorry, no exceptions. Call 301-216-4019 to make a reservation. Masks must be worn. Wipes, hand sanitizer recommended for store carts.
Banking at Sandy Spring Bank is open for appointments Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please call 301-987-6104 to schedule.
Computer Centers at Rosborough and Diamond are open. Residents must follow sanitizing procedures.
Ecumenical services are being televised on AVTV. Pastoral care calls and visits are ongoing.
Our virtual Farmer’s Market is open and delivers on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Contact ScenicViewOrchards.com to place an order.
Hair salons are open by appointment only, and residents must wear a mask.
Housekeeping services are available through Asbury Methodist Village, 301-216-5484, or through external vendors. Visitor and screening guidelines must be followed for external vendors.
Gardens are open.
Keese School of Continuing Education lectures are being livestreamed via AVTV. Visit KeeseSchool.org for a schedule.
Libraries are open. Please follow sanitation, physical distancing, and masking protocols.
Meeting spaces are open.
Rosborough Theater is open for up to 100 people at a time.
Wildlife Preserve, trails and outdoor seating areas are open.
Wood Shops are open. Screening guidelines must be followed.
Campus Health Services & Clinics
Blood pressure checks are available through our partnership with Interim HealthCare at Asbury every Friday from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon with the location rotating between the lower level of the Diamond building and the Apartment Center.
The Outpatient Physician Clinic in the Wilson Health Care Center is accepting appointments from all residents. Call 301-987-6282.
Interim HealthCare at Asbury provides in-home personal care services. Call 240-753-6100.
Asbury Home Health Services provides physician-prescribed home health services. Call 301-216-5697.
CVS Pharmacy delivers to residents’ doors and offers limited in-store service. Call 301-216-4372.
Holy Cross Health Partners at Asbury Methodist Village is seeing patients in-person and offering telehealth visits. Call 301-216-5800.
Rehab1st Outpatient Rehabilitation Services is open. Call 301-987-6170.
Mail, Packages & Groceries
Mail and Packages: Mail delivery is being handled as normal. For residential living, please use street address and apartment or house number. For Kindley Assisted Living and Wilson Health Care Center please use street address and suite number.
Online Groceries: For apartments, deliveries are made to the resident’s lobby. Courtyard Homes and Villa residents receive deliveries directly.
The Rosborough Shoppe is open Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for up to 5 residents at a time. A selection of fresh groceries and to-go meals are available for purchase with residents’ Point of Sale cards or credit cards. No cash accepted as part of our safety precautions. Grocery deliveries from the Shoppe are discontinued.
Main Reception/Gatehouse: 301-304-7754