Bethany Village Community Information
A Message from Bethany Village Executive Director Brian Grundusky
Bethany Village is proud to be part of Asbury Communities, an aging services provider with a 90-plus year legacy of redefining the expectations of aging. Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our communities is our highest priority.
This page is meant to be a helpful resource regarding Bethany Village’s operations. Asbury serves approximately 4,300 residents at eight continuing care retirement communities and home care agencies in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. Here’s how to …
- See Asbury Communities’ COVID Status and Prevention Measures
- Thank Our Associates
- Sign Up for Family Email Updates
Click here to view our latest communication about visitation and screening.
In addition to continuously monitoring and abiding by the recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), we will continue to inform visitors of the local COVID-19 transmission rate in the surrounding community. Current transmission rate for Cumberland County: High (Red)
- Those entering the community will be responsible for self-screening according to the guide below (which is posted at all entrances). It is the visitor’s responsibility to determine if they meet the criteria to enter, and to notify the proper individual if they do not.
- Visitors should not enter the community if they:
- Have had a positive viral test for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Have had any signs or symptoms of illness in the past 48 hours, to include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Have had a close contact exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days. A close contact exposure is defined to mean that you were within 6 feet for 15+ minutes with someone during a 24-hour period that has COVID-19.
- If you do not meet the criteria to enter, please consider rescheduling your visit to another time when you can meet the criteria to enter. If your visit is urgent, please contact us, as we may be able to assist you in connecting with your loved one safely.
- Visitors should not enter the community if they:
The Oaks Skilled Nursing
Visitation is permitted in The Oaks Skilled Nursing.
- Outdoor and virtual visits are also available. To schedule an outdoor or virtual visit, please contact Jane DelSordo at 717-591-8064.
- For in-person visits, visitors must wear a mask at all times and try to keep visits to an hour or less. Two guests may visit at a time.
Masks are required in community indoor common areas for all residents and guests of The Oaks Skilled Nursing. This applies to all residents and guests, even those who are vaccinated. Associates will continue to be required to wear masks.
MapleWood Assisted Living
MapleWood Assisted Living is open for visitation, as well as window and virtual visits. To schedule a virtual visit, please contact Alex Borkowski at [email protected] or 717-591-8372. For in-person visits, we ask that visitors please wear a mask at all times and try to keep visits to an hour or less. Two guests may visit at a time.
Masks are required in community indoor common areas for all residents and guests of MapleWood Assisted Living. This applies to all residents and guests, even those who are vaccinated. Associates will continue to be required to wear masks.
Masks are not required for Residential Living residents and their guests. We strongly recommend that those residents who are deemed “immune-compromised” still wear masks while in the residential public/common spaces. We also recommend that residents take the necessary precautions with visitors who are unvaccinated. Associates will continue to wear masks, and MapleWood Assisted Living and the Oaks Skilled Nursing areas still require all visitors to wear masks.
Residents may have guests at their home with no time limit. Please ensure that you can maintain 6 feet of physical distancing in your home. Prior to inviting any visitors, please check the PA COVID-19 Travelers Info page here, health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx, to ensure any visitors you plan to host have followed the state guidance on travelers (you can also view travel-related FAQs on the webpage).
We are also asking that residents who are planning on taking an overnight or extended trip check in with administration to ensure that the proper protocols are taken during that trip. We will still have the self -quarantine process in place for those times that residents are at risk. If a resident has a question about their trip or this process, please call John Bowen 717-591-8081.
Residents who are not fully vaccinated must self-quarantine for a full 7 days after return from travel – or 11 day if they do not complete the following testing protocol. They may discontinue self-quarantine if they are asymptomatic and have obtained a PCR COVID-19 test 5 or more days after return.
Resident recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days: testing and quarantine is not recommended.
- Residents who test positive and are fully vaccinated and “up to date” with the boosters only need to complete a 5-day isolation period if they are symptom free for 24 hours without the use of medication. We still recommend that the resident wear a properly fitted mask for 10 days after their positive.
- Residents who are not fully vaccinated or “up to date” with the booster vaccine will need to isolate for 10 days. They can retest on day 5 and if negative can end their isolation on day 7.
- Residents who have been “Exposed” to a positive case (within 6 feet, without a mask for a period of 15 minutes or longer) and who are fully vaccinated and “Up to Date” with the boosters do not need to self-isolate. These residents need to monitor themselves for any type of symptom for a period of 48-72 hours and wear a properly fitting mask in public places. We also ask that they avoid community dining venues and social events for 10 days after exposure.
- Residents who have been “Exposed” to a positive case and who are not fully vaccinated or “up to date” with the booster vaccine will need to isolate for 4 days and complete a self-test on day 4. If negative, resident can end the isolation period.
Community Services & Amenities
To place an order for delivery, please call 717-591-8329.
Springfield’s Dining Room (Reservations required; call 717-591-8329)
- Monday through Thursday: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Friday through Sunday: Closed
Collegiate Cafe (Take-Out only)
- Monday through Friday: 8:00AM – 2:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Hot food only available until 2:00PM)
John & Annie’s Bistro
- Tuesday through Thursday: 8:00AM-10:00AM for Breakfast; 11:00AM-2:00PM for Lunch
- Friday: 11:00AM-2:00PM for Lunch; 5:00PM-7:00PM for Dinner
- Saturday: 11:00AM-2:00PM for Brunch; 5:00PM-7:00PM for Dinner
- Sunday & Monday: Closed
- Tuesday through Thursday: 11:00AM-2:00PM
- Friday & Saturday: 11:00AM-7:00PM
- Sunday & Monday: Closed
These dining venues are now open to any fully vaccinated Residential Living visitors.
The Fitness Center and pool are open. A range of classes are available via the Bethany Village TV station on Channel 956, including live classes and events. In addition, we have started outdoor classes with appropriate distancing and masking and continue to schedule one-on-one consultations. We have also re-implemented access to the outside community (pool and wellness center). These members will need to follow the screening and masking guidelines if not fully vaccinated. For a current schedule or more information call Justin Margut at 717-591-8368.
Residential Common Areas & Amenities
- Banking services are open. No appointment needed and we ask that you follow the masking and social distancing guidelines set forth by the bank.
- Hair salon is open. Please call 717-591-8008 to make an appointment.
- Housekeeping and Carpet Cleaning from external vendors for apartment and Cottage residents are allowed. Screening is required.
- Library is open.
- The Wood Shop is open.
- East Gift Shop is open.
- West Reading Room is open.
- West Computer Lab
- West Billiards Room
- Shuffle Boards and Sports Court
- East Disc Gold Course
- The Residential Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy is open.
- Ecumenical services are being taped and televised on Channel 956. Pastoral care calls and visits are ongoing.
- Resident gardens are open.
- East Craft Room is open
- External (Social) Transportation services for grocery trips will be starting back up. These will be limited and more details to come.
- Medical Transportation for Assisted Living and Residential residents is available. Please call 717-591-8067 to schedule.
- Walking trails are open.
Mail & Online Grocery Delivery
- Mail and Packages: Apartment and Cottage residents are receiving mail and packages as usual. All items for The Oaks or Maplewood are stored for 1 day before distribution for residents’ safety, so please do not send perishable items.
- Online Groceries: For assistance in scheduling an online grocery delivery, please contact the Resident Life office at 717-591-8021.
- On-Campus Grocery Services: Limited groceries are available on our campus through our dining partner Sodexo. They can be billed to residents and delivered contact-free to their home. Please contact the dining department at 717-591-8329 to place an order.
Important Contact Information
Main Reception: 717- 766-0279
Virtual Visit Coordinators:
- The Oaks Skilled Nursing: Jane DelSordo, 717-591-8064, [email protected]
- MapleWood Assisted Living: Alex Borkowski, 717-591-8372, [email protected]
- Residential Living: Justin Margut, 717-591-8368, [email protected]
Executive Director Brian Grundusky: 717-591-8027, [email protected]
Director of Social Services John Bowen: 717-591-8081, [email protected]
Administrator MapleWood Assisted Living Bridget Walling: 717-591-8091, [email protected]
Administrator the Oaks Skilled Nursing Henri Lively: 717-591-8003, [email protected]
Asbury Home Services Director Chris Miller: 717-591-8332, [email protected]