Brain-Healthy Brussels Sprouts Citrus Salad
Enjoy this brain-healthy salad from Asbury
Brussels sprouts have so many benefits, we should be eating them a lot! Rich in vitamins K and C and full of fiber, Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables also contain sulforaphane, which is thought to protect your brain and eyesight, as well as play a role in inflammation prevention.
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 ounce of minced roasted garlic
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 3 tsp. sherry wine vinegar
- 3/8 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
For the Salad
- 3/4 ounces cranberries
- 3 ounces orange sections, cut
- 3 ounces grapefruit sections, cut
- 6 ounces Brussels sprouts, roasted or steamed as you prefer
- 3/8 ounce shallots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- 6 ounces Spring mix salad greens
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing. Enjoy!