Lewisburg/Milton Meals on Wheels
Give to the Meals on Wheels Stay at Home Dinner
Sponsored by RiverWoods Senior Living Community, Meals on Wheels are prepared fresh daily. These hot, nutritious meals are delivered by trusted volunteers throughout the Lewisburg and Milton areas between 11 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday.
How Can I Help? Make a Donation
All meals though the Lewisburg Milton Meals on Wheels program are subsidized. This is made possible because of the generosity of individuals and businesses – we call it ‘neighbors helping neighbors’. Click here to make an online gift today. You make a difference for seniors in our community!
How Do I Receive Meals on Wheels?
If you or a loved one are in need of Meals on Wheels, please call Alicia Weeder, Meals on Wheels coordinator, at (570) 522-1934. Or email Alicia.Weeder@AlbrightCare.org.
About the Program
A note to our clients: Due to COVID 19, we have instituted a no-contact protocol for meal delivery. Please leave a cooler on your doorstep, or hang a bag on your doorknob for drivers to leave your meals in. Until further notice, our drivers will put your food in your cooler or in the bag on your door, then ring your doorbell or knock. We will then stand back 3-6 feet from your door. If there is no answer, we will leave meals in the bag hanging on the doorknob unless there is a cooler outside your door.
- The menu includes a choice of two hot entrées daily, in addition to a starch and vegetable. To make your choice of entrée, menus are sent out mid-month for the following month and returned to the delivery person.
- Meals may be reheated in a microwave oven.
- Multiple meals can be ordered to have meals for the weekend or supper.
- There are times you may not be home to receive your meal. If you still wish to receive the meal, you may put an insulated container outside your home in a protected area and we will drop off the meal. If you need to cancel a meal, please call as soon as possible.
- The cost of the meal is $3.95 per meal. If cost presents a hardship, financial assistance is available. A form to declare income is included in the welcome packet sent to all new clients.
- Meals are delivered five days a week except for Thanksgiving and Christmas and when Lewisburg or Milton schools are closed due to bad weather. The cancellation is announced on the radio.
- Monthly bills are placed in the brown paper bag with bread and dessert or mailed to the responsible party at the beginning of each month for the meals received the month prior. To avoid a $5 late fee, please pay the bill in a timely manner. Payment is due by the 15th each month.
- If you decide that you no longer need to receive meals, you may cancel the service. We ask that you please try 10 meals prior to canceling.