Senior Wellness & Brain Health in Gaithersburg, MD
Cognitive and physical wellness go hand in hand. As a community designed to support aging better, Asbury Methodist Village is proud to be home to the Rosborough Wellness & Brain Health Center for Excellence, featuring our Kinnections Brain Health program. With dozens of aquatic and wellness classes every week; exergaming, and boxing studios; a 134-acre campus designed for walking and biking; a climbing wall; and specialized programs for Parkinson’s and other conditions, Asbury Methodist Village offers more opportunities for senior well-being in Montgomery County, MD, than you can imagine.
Our well-being programs are open to all Montgomery County seniors – and earned us a Top 10 ranking in senior wellness from the International Council on Active Aging for 2023.
Kinnections Brain Health at Asbury Methodist Village
Combining the very latest, science-based brain wellness practices with cutting-edge neurocognitive assessment and brain-training tools, Kinnections Brain Health is the work of experienced professionals across the disciplines of brain health, dementia, occupational therapy, neuroscience, and senior wellness.
Participants receive a five-part neurocognitive assessment that examines multiple cognitive domains and movement and an individualized engagement plan with specific exercise, activity, and lifestyle recommendations tailored to your specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Kinnections Brain Health assessment (included with monthly membership)
- Classes focused on neuromotor training including boxing, rock climbing, dance, and SMARTFit exergaming
- Parkinson’s disease specific training including Rock Steady Boxing, Parkinson’s TRX, Parkinson’s exercise classes
- Healing arts classes for stress management including yoga, seated Pilates, tai chi, and forest bathing
- Unlimited general fitness classes including cardio, resistance, balance, and agility training
- Use of pool and fitness center
- Super Seven self-paced brain health home program
The Strategy & Science Behind Kinnections Brain Health
Super Seven Program
This paper-based, self-guided program targets the neurocognitive domains through multi-modal cognitive exercises which increase in complexity over a six-week period. Exercises focus on sensory-motor, attention, memory, executive function, language, processing speed, and social cognition. Super Seven was created in collaboration with academic and author Rob Winningham, Ph.D., who specializes in memory and cognition in seniors.
Email Well-Being Manager Belinda Degboe for information at [email protected]
We are grateful to Cynthia Rosborough for her generous support of The Rosborough Wellness and Brain Health Center for Excellence.